May Bible Verse:
“Pray at all times.” – Romans 12:12 (Good News Bible)
Last week of school
As we quickly approach our last week of school, we thank you for sharing your children with us. What a joy it has been to get to know them and their family! I thank you for choosing Good Shepherd for your child’s preschool. I believe that Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool is a great place to grow in faith and learn. I thank God for the many blessings that we have. What a blessing our staff is, our facility and most importantly our families!
As many of you are aware, we have staff that will not be returning in the fall. They include Miss Cherie and Miss Leigh, who have decided to step out of teaching to spend more time with family; Miss Donna, who will be retiring after this year, and Miss Laura, who has accepted a full-time teaching position in a public school district. They will all be missed!
It will be a BUSY last week of Preschool. Please note the following events:
** Silent Auction Items and Raffle Items will be on display every Monday and Friday. **
Preschool Only Raffle items:
- Lunch with the teachers for a student and a friend! (Your 1 1/2 hour will be filled with playtime, decorating a t-shirt and a yummy lunch snack.)
- Reserved front row seats for the tonight’s End-of-Year Program
- Free Month Tuition for next school year
Raffle baskets are displayed, raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20, and can be purchased in the Preschool Office. Purchase before the last day of school and receive 1 extra ticket!
Bidding has begun for silent auction and raffle baskets for the June 2nd Golf Outing Social/Dinner. Proceeds will go toward classroom needs and Scholarship Fund. We ACCEPT MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card for your purchases.
Closing Program/ Ice Cream Social
End-of-Year DVDs will be available for $10. The DVD will include memories from your child’s school year as well as the video that was shown on Preschool Sunday.
DVDs will be available for purchase at the Ice Cream Social.
Please note that we WILL NOT be video taping the closing program this year.
Monday, May 20th
3s and 4s Closing Program / Ice Cream Social, 3s classes: 6:15pm; 4s classes: 7:00pm
We will meet in the upper level Sanctuary. End-of-Year DVDs will be available for purchase.
Wednesday, May 22nd
3s Walking Field Trip to McDonald’s
Please make sure your child is wearing their Spirit Wear, socks and shoes, as they will be playing in the McDonald’s play area after their delicious upside-down ice cream cone. It is not too late to sign up to chaperone your child. Added BONUS – ice cream for parents! Please, no younger siblings.
Thursday, May 23rd
Young 3s class end-of-year Children’s Fun Fair
Help is needed in the classroom!
Last day of classes for the Purple Class
Friday, May 24th
3s and 4s classes Children’s Fun Fair
Last day of classes
We are looking for a few more volunteers, for Thursday, May 23rd (Young 3s) and Friday, May 24th (3s and 4s classes), to help on the day of the Fun Fair. Sign-Up to help.
3s and 4s PARENTS:
More volunteers needed! Let’s make this day a great one for the kids! Face painting and tattoo applicators are especially needed in AM & PM! AM volunteers are needed between 10:30 – 11:15am. PM volunteers are needed between 1:45 – 2:30pm. On Friday, parent volunteers will man the different play area stations while the children rotate from station to station. If you have any questions, please email contact Julie.
Literacy Bags and Literacy Boxes
We hope you enjoyed the Literacy Bags and Literacy Boxes. Please return any bags or boxes, that you may have, to school as soon as possible! Thank you!
Tuesday, May 28th, 9:30am
Sign up on the bulletin board in front of your child’s classroom. The fun starts at 9:30am on Tuesday, May 28th. We are looking for volunteers to help with our end-of-year Clean-Up which includes inventory of library books and cleaning classroom toys/accessories. Children are welcome to play in the Activity Center. We will have a pizza party as we indulge on this day of fun!
Good Shepherd Church:
- We have three optional serving opportunities:
- Our Guatemala Mission Team will be collecting children’s sunglasses for their mission trip in June. Please drop them off in the “Guatemala” bin by Door “A”.
- Our Children’s Ministry department is collecting small empty water bottles WITH their caps. Please drop those off in the “sparks” bin by Door “A”.
- Our Early Childhood SPARKS kids are learning that God wants us to help others! Please refer to the Helping Hands flyer for more detailed information.
- Vacation Bible School registration has begun! Join Good Shepherd Church on June 17th – 21st from 9:00 – 11:30am. They will be exploring Paul’s Dangerous Journey to Share the Truth. Download registration forms here and sign-up to grow in your faith during the VBS week. Please submit your payment at the Connect Center (the church’s front desk); you will get your iron-on(s) and CD at that time.New Member Orientation Classes: Are you interested in becoming a member of a God-centered, encouraging and joyful place? Three sessions on Sunday afternoon or Tuesday evenings. Sunday classes: June 2nd, 9th, and 16th from 12:30 – 2:00pm OR Tuesday classes: June 4th, 11th, and 18th from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Childcare and refreshments are offered at all classes. A welcome luncheon for new members will be held on Sunday, June 30th . Please register online (www.goodshepherd-naperville.org) or contact Julie Utter at email@example.com.
9th Annual Preschool Golf Outing Dinner/Social Golf Ball
CALLING ALL GOLFERS! IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP FOR GOLFING!
It will be held on Sunday afternoon, June 2nd, at the Tamarack Golf Course on Route 59 in Naperville
(Registration begins at 12:30pm and 1:30pm Shotgun). This event will benefit our classroom needs and our Preschool Scholarship Fund. This is our BIGGEST fundraiser for the year so please invite your family and friends!
GOLFERS – it is not too late to register! You can register here.
This is our BIGGEST fundraiser for the year.
** WIN a 2013 Chevy TRAVERSE, from Biggers Chevy in Elgin, in the Hole-In-One contest! **
We are looking for more volunteers, for different shifts, on Sunday, June 2nd. If interested, please sign up via SignUpGenius. Chevy Traverse
Have a great week! Enjoy your summer!
Please contact the Preschool Office with any questions or concerns.